Paramita Meditation Centre
Kadugannawa is a town located in the Kandy District in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It is situated approximately 100 km away from the Country’s Capital – Colombo, along the A1, Colombo-Kandy Road.
Paramita Meditation Centre is also situated along this route, and within 100 metres of the famous landmark Kadugannawa Rock Tunnel, known locally as “Gala widapu thena”.
Airport Transfer to Paramita Meditation Centre
As many of our visitors are foreign, we understand if you prefer to have someone meet you upon arrival at the Colombo Bandranaike International Airport. As such, we can help arrange with an external service company to receive and transport you directly to Paramita Meditation Centre.
This costs approximately Rp8000, which you can pay directly to the driver. You can indicate this request for this service when you register with us.
Travelling time is approximated at 2.5 hours, depending on traffic conditions. First-time visitors and those who arrive in Colombo in the evening are strongly advised to use this mode of transportation.
By Public Taxi
Upon your arrival at the Airport, you can ask for a taxi from the taxi counter to take you to Paramita Meditation Centre.
By Bus and Train
Step 1: Getting to Colombo Fort Railway Station or the Colombo Fort Bus stand
By Highway Buses
- Approach the Sri Lanka Tourism Information Centre at the Airport and ask whether there are any highway buses heading towards Colombo during that time. The Highway Bus Service has specified schedules and operates till 9 pm daily.
- If available, use this service to get to the Colombo Fort Railway Station (and also the Colombo Fort Bus Stand, which is near the railway station).
By Normal Buses
If the Highway Bus Service is unavailable, get directions from the Airport Officials to reach the Averiwatte Bus Stop, which is a 0.5 km away and a 15-minute walk. Normal buses heading to Colombo (Fort Railway Station & Fort Bus Stand) are available 24 hours a day and are scheduled every 15 minutes.
Step 2: Getting to Paramita Meditation Centre
By Bus from the Colombo Fort Bus stand
- Upon reaching the Fort Bus Stand, also known locally as Pettah Bus Stand, get on the bus that goes to Kandy (Colombo-Kandy Bus, Route No 1). There are Normal Buses as well as Air Conditioned Express Buses available. Air Conditioned Express Buses may cost a little more but it cuts down travel time, stopping only upon passengers’ request.
- Tell the conductor of the bus that you want to get down at the bus stop after the Kadugannawa Rock Tunnel.
One will pass the towns of Peliyagoda – Kiribathgoda – Miriswatte – Nittambuwa – Warakapola – Ambepussa – Nelundeniya – Galigamuwa – Kegalle – Mawanella. Following Mawanella is Kadugannawa.
There is a signboard of the Paramita Meditation Centre clearly visible on the opposite side of the road, 100m after the Rock Tunnel.
By Train from the Colombo Fort Railway Station
- Get on a train heading to Kadugannawa. Typically there are eight trains heading to Kadugannawa daily, the first leaving Fort at 5.55am and the last at 8pm.
- Alight at the Kadugannawa Train Station. Travel time is approximately 2.5 hours from Fort Railway Station to Kadugannawa depending on weather situations. Remember to preserve your train ticket until you arrive at your destination.
- From Kadugannawa Train Station, take a 10-minute ride on a three-wheeler to get to Paramita Meditation Centre.